Monday 23 July 2012

3 Reasons why Mona Lisa is so famous


Bonjour! Did you ever know why this painting is so famous? Some say its the way she Smiles.. the way she looks at you on every corner of the room. Well, during my recent trip to France my guide was able to explain the real reason why this painting is so famous. Check out the video!



1.  1st painting of the Royal collection of King Francis. Before Leonardo da Vinci died, he sold the  Mona Lisa to King Francis. Which became the 1st painting King Francis and decided to make a Royal collection.  

2 . Nobody knows who she is. Her name is Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa which means  Madonna Lisa but nobody still knows who she is.

3. The painting technique called  Sfumato. Leonardo Da Vinci was one of the 1st painters who used this technique.  It is an Italian technique where there are no harsh outlines, and it is painted with full strokes that enhance color and light. 

Why is it so expensive?
During the 20th century the painting was stolen by an Italian artist that worked in the Lourve. During the 3 years that it was missing, France offered so much money for the Mona Lisa to be found that it became the most expensive painting during that time. But right now its priceless.


Thanks for reading my blog! Hope you liked it!


Join me on my next tour to France. please visit our  website at www.tourorganizers.com or contact me at (632)5248867, davidj.ordonez@gmail.com.  Hope you can join me on my next adventure!
                      
Like my blog? Please consider "like" ing it... Thanks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...